Twin brothers Hubert and Kamil
Please familiarize yourself with the entire description provided below. Hubert and Kamil, who are brothers, have been covered by the care and supervision of the foundation - they are exceptional twins who require special care. Very determined parents, namely - mother Edyta and father Józef, want to ensure their children the best future possible. They are very open about their remarkable financial requirements connected with the necessity to regularly sending the boys to rehabilitation camps, as well as with daily undertakings required to take care of their sons. All parents understand that raising children is a great effort. Bringing up two ill kids is a huge challenge with many issues that the caretakers have to overcome. Hubert and Kamil are both premature babies. They both have been issued with disability certificates. Nevertheless, it has to be stated that there is a significant difference in terms of health condition and independence between them.
Donate once or regularly:
Hubert is a bedridden boy breathing through a tracheostomy tube, and fed by means of Pega. He suffers from cerebral palsy, paralytic scoliosis, epilepsy, and joint contractures. He requires a constant care due to strongly limited independence. He also needs a regular treatment and rehabilitation. It is vital and experts suggest that he should exercise up to two times a day, five days a week.
Kamil suffers from Asperger's syndrome and requires pharmacotherapy, as well as intensive therapeutic treatments. Due to his developmental disorders, he has to participate in, among others, sensory therapy, as he suffers from nerve tics, is under-stimulated, and has deep sensory disorders. He also needs speech therapy - he suffers from auditory processing disorders. To counteract them, the boy has to take part in rehabilitation camps oriented towards the Tomatis Therapy.
Specialized rehabilitation camps can be exceptionally expensive. If they are needed for both children, the amount allowing to cover them may be simply too much for the parents. Unfortunately, this is the only way to help the boys - both of them should participate in such camps at least two, three, and ideally - four times a year to exercise intensively and develop under the constant supervision of a qualified personnel. In the case of Hubert, the most important thing is to take a proper care of his muscles. When it comes to Kamil, rehabilitation means - among others - social skill training and sensory integration, as the boy was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. Said disorder being close to autism means that Kamil has to put in a lot of work to communicate with other children and learn how to live in the world surrounding him.
"Children are our everything" - Edyta said. Boys' parents have no goals other than the satisfaction of the twins' needs. Each and every day is the fight for a better future for her sons, but most of all - the fight with all the problems connected with illnesses. Trying to limit the suffering of their children, Edyta and Józef do their best to ensure that the boys do not lack anything, as well as that they live on and develop as successfully as humanly possible. Thanks to their parents' involvement, Hubert and Kamil live in remarkably good conditions. However - it has not always been the case.
Needs we collect funds for:
- Two-week rehabilitation camps in Złotów (requiring commutation) for Kamil and Hubert. The cost of a single stay for one child together with a guardian starts from PLN 5400. Boys should participate in such camps at least two or three times a year, ideally four. Kamil's stay is adjusted to the needs of people with autism and includes: hippotherapy, neurologopedics, osteopathy, water therapy, multi-sensory stimulation, stimulation of cognitive development and Tomatis therapy (i.e. brain stimulation with music and voice). In the case of children with Asperger 's Syndrome, such treatments improve motor, emotional, and cognitive skills. Hubert's stay incorporates: multi-profile rehabilitation, kinesiotherapy, hippotherapy, water therapy, bio massage, chiropractic sessions, hand therapy, and zootherapy. The next stay for boys will take place from 18/04/2021 to 01/05/2021. - We have covered the cost of a rehabilitation-oriented stay for both the boys and their parents. The stay lasted from April 18th, 2021 to May 1st, 2021.
- Providing support in terms of paying for rehabilitation and stationary therapies for Kamil. Sensory therapy - the boy attends it 1 hour a week. It costs PLN 100 per hour. Social skills training (45 minutes per class) - it costs PLN 70. It is advisable for Kamil to attend sensory therapy and social skills training at least twice a week. Speech therapy - it costs PLN 100 per hour, including the commutation fee of the expert. It is recommended for at least 3 hours a week. As of currently, the boy takes part in said therapy for 1 hour a week. Kamil also attends classes organized under the supervision of a pedagogue (18 hours a month). Their cost is relatively small, as it is equal to about PLN 100 per month.
- Providing support in terms of paying for rehabilitation and stationary therapies for Hubert. Physical rehabilitation involving physical therapy and massages - it costs PLN 100 per hour, including the commutation fee of the expert. Hubert requires rehabilitation 2 hours a day, five days a week. Hubert also undergoes rehabilitation for 18 hours a month. Its cost is relatively small, as it is equal to about PLN 100 per month. - Motor rehabilitation started on 01/02/2021. It has been taking place five days a week, 1 hour a day. Rehabilitation was suspended at the end of February 2021.
- Purchase of an oxygen concentrator for Hubert. The cost of such a device oscillates around PLN 3000. It helps in the treatment of lung diseases in patients suffering from respiratory failure. At the moment, the family uses a rented equipment.
- Purchase of medicines for boys, both generally available and prescription-based ones. The boys have to take said medications indefinitely.
- Purchase of medical/hygienic goods for Hubert - especially diapers and hygienic pads.
- Providing support in terms of buying clothes for the whole family. Kamil clothes size: 152, shoes size 39. Hubert clothes size: 146, shoes 34. Edith clothes size M / L, shoes 39/40, Joseph, clothes size M / L, shoes 43. - We meet the needs in this regard on an ongoing basis.
- Buying food for the entire family. - We meet the needs in this regard on an ongoing basis.
- Purchase of household chemicals, cleaning products, and cosmetics for the whole family.
- Providing support in purchasing fuel (coal and wood) for the heating season. - We meet the needs in this regard on an ongoing basis.
Donate once or regularly:
Or you can make a direct bank transfer "For Hubert and Kamil":
Skrytka pocztowa 2108
90-959 Łódź 2BIC/SWIFT: BREXPLPWMBK
SORT CODE: 11402004
Account number depending on currency:
PLN: PL35 1140 2004 0000 3002 7709 9827
USD: PL39 1140 2004 0000 3612 1128 1047
GBP: PL92 1140 2004 0000 3812 1128 1062
Euro: PL63 1140 2004 0000 3112 1128 1054
Before making the donation, please familiarize yourself with our terms.
The Foundation is in possession of proper documentation and has verified the needs of the Charges.
21-04-2022 - We have provided fuel for the family of Hubert and Kamil for the second time. This time, we have provided them with some briquette.
20-12-2021 - We have handed over pre-Christmas foodstuffs purchased recently to Kamil, Hubert and their parents :)
16-12-2021 - We donated clothes for both the boys and shoes for Kamil.
24-11-2021 - Hubert and Kamil are the next Charges we have handed over the combustible fuel to. In the case of the twins, it has been a half of ton of coal.
06-05-2021 - The boys and their parents returned home on Saturday, May 1st, after an intensive rehabilitation camp. Do not hesitate to check out the attached photos :). We have covered the cost of a rehabilitation-oriented stay for both the boys and their parents. The stay lasted from April 18th, 2021 to May 1st, 2021. Costs of commutation have also been taken care of.
21-04-2021 - We are happy to inform you that the twins - Hubert and Kamil - together with their parents have been on a rehabilitation stay in Złotów since Sunday. A lot is happening - just check out the proof below :).The ongoing Camp has been the priority for us, so we would like to sincerely thank you for all the donations that allowed organize it and we encourage you to continue your support.
24-03-2021 - In less than four weeks, rehabilitation camp for boys will start in Złotów. The Foundation has covered on the cost of the camp and has provided some help in terms of equipping the boys with spring clothes.
01-03-2021 - Today, we would like to show you photos from Hubert's rehabilitation taking place last week.
25-02-2021 - Hubert is still doing his best during rehabilitation sessions. :) In the clip, we want to show you the progress he made last week.
16-02-2021 - Yet another week of Hubert's rehabilitation is behind us and - above all else - behind Hubert. We must admit that our Charge truly wants to improve his condition. Congratulations, Hubert Keep it up!
09-02-2021 - We are very happy that we have been able to start helping Hubert in terms of his rehabilitation. Starting from Monday 01.02.2021, Hubert has been exercising one hour a day, five days a week. We would also like to show you a video presenting the last week's exercise session. :)
Photos showing boys during their daily activities: