Please read the entire description carefully. Monica was born in 2004 as a premature child, in the 28th week of pregnancy. She has a twin sister whom she grew up with for almost 2.5 years of her life. She was that old when she was badly beaten by her parents. As a result, the unconscious child was taken to the hospital with severe craniocerebral trauma, brain edema, hematomas, ischemic stroke of the right hemisphere, as well as numerous bruises on the head, chest, abdomen, and legs. The injuries she suffered changed her life forever. She was diagnosed with spastic quadriparesis, mainly on the left side. Since 2013, he has been treated for epilepsy and has been using a wheelchair. She is 17. Despite the traumatic experiences, she is a beautiful and cheerful teenager. After various stays in foster care units (family emergency, foster family), she was finally transferred to the Children's Treatment Institution, where she spent 9 years. Starting from November 2020, she has been a part of a wonderful family, including Monica, Zdzislaw, and Hubert, who is also our Charge. Monica and Zdzisław are foster parents and legal guardians of Monica.
Donate once or regularly:
Monica is full of positive energy. She loves singing and dancing. She found it really easy to become the older sister of Hubert. She has been learning singing and vocal interpretation at the Music Center. Currently, she is in the eighth grade of the Special School and Educational Center in Krosno. She also attends therapy based on the Cracow method, which helps her develop intellectually. Since 2011, she has undergone several treatments oriented towards improving the functioning of her locomotor system. According to the opinion of a physiotherapist issued in November 2020, she has stabilized her level of motor skills. Nevertheless, she still requires regular rehabilitation for her physical dysfunctions to not worsen. It is the aspect we would like to help her with to the greatest extent. Monica's biological parents were sentenced to a prison sentence as a result of a court trial that took place in 2008.
Needs we collect funds for:
- Providing support in purchasing rehabilitation equipment for Monika, including not only orthoses and a standing frame, but also basic accessories useful for home rehabilitation within the framework of a program supported by the National Health Fund, which Monica engages 5 times a week during the summer holidays and 2 times a week during the school year (because he has 3 hours of rehabilitation at school) :balls of various sizes and applications, pillows, separators, and many others. - We have provided Monica with rehabilitation equipment, two balls of different sizes and uses, as well as a separator pillow.
- Stair climber - equipment for transporting disabled people in wheelchairs up the stairs. - Provided a stair climber with a trolley.
- Providing support in financing Monica's rehabilitation basing on the Cracow Method. She attends rehabilitation sessions once a week. - We meet the needs in this regard on an ongoing basis.
- Providing support in paying for Monica's rehabilitation stays. - There are many indications that Monica will have the next stay for free thanks to the kindness of the owners of the rehabilitation center. We have provided help in covering the costs of travel and accommodation for Monika, Hubert, Ms. Monika and Mr. Zdzisław for the next stay taking place on 06-17.2021.
- Medical care for Monica (appointments with specialists, treatments, and tests).
- Providing support in covering the costs of travel (fuel) to school, rehabilitation, for therapies, and for medical consultations and others. - We meet the needs in this regard on an ongoing basis.
- Providing support in buying a bigger car for the family. We need a transporter type car so that Monica and Hubert can easily get in with their wheelchairs. A car is necessary for the family to transport children for rehabilitation, therapy, to school, to kindergarten (more than 30 km one way), as well as for medical visits. - The car was bought and handed over on August 13, 2021
- Providing support in developing Monica's passion, namely - financing her singing classes taking place 1 hour a week (classes are not organized during holidays). - We meet the needs of our Charge in that regard on an ongoing basis
- Help in continuing Monica's passion, e.g. financing singing lessons. - We meet the needs in this regard on an ongoing basis.
- Laptop for Monika - for learning, entertainment and development-related purposes. It will include, among others, educational applications aimed at developing Monica's reading and writing skills - Provided.
- Printer - Provided.
- Help in making Monica's little dreams come true: perfumes, music records, clothes, books, jewelry. - Provided on the occasion of the 17th birthday:)
This is how climbing stairs without a stair climber looks like.
Donate once or regularly:
Photo from visit of the representatives of the Foundation's to Monika and Hubert in June 2021 :)
Or you can make a direct bank transfer "For Monica"
Skrytka pocztowa 2108
90-959 Łódź 2
SORT CODE: 11402004
Account number depending on currency:
PLN: PL35 1140 2004 0000 3002 7709 9827
USD: PL39 1140 2004 0000 3612 1128 1047
GBP: PL92 1140 2004 0000 3812 1128 1062
Euro: PL63 1140 2004 0000 3112 1128 1054
Before making the donation, please familiarize yourself with our terms.
The Foundation is in possession of proper documentation and has verified the needs of the Charge.
24-09-2021 - We have covered the cost of tuition for Monica's music classes for September and the cost of commuting to said classes, as well as to other classes the teenager has been attending.
08-09-2021 - We have paid for fuel required during Monica's recent journeys. Thanks to that, she have made a lot of trips, starting from visiting Zdzisław's house in her newly purchased car, up to reaching a doctor in Cracow for an appointment and participating in the weekend wheelchair dance course.
26-08-2021 - Monica and Hubert are eager to use their new car. They made their first trip using the newly acquired mode of transportation to Cracow, and the next one - to Warsaw, where the children went to a wheelchair dance course and to engage in sightseeing of the capital city of Poland.
20-08-2021 - The kids have been using their new car to a remarkable extent! They have checked its capacity, filled it to the brim with luggage before going for a holiday trip, and have prepared for a wheelchair dance course :)
16-08-2021 - Friday the 13th does not have to be unlucky. It turned out to be a very happy day for us, because on Friday the 13th we bought a car for our Charges Monica and Hubert :).Both children use wheelchairs, so in such a large and comfortable car, they will have the possibility of easily getting in and out. What is more, they will be ensured safe driving conditions. The children spend a lot of time in the car because they have to be taken to various places, even on weekends. Monika and Hubert have been in the same foster family since November last year, in the same house. We organized fundraising for this car during Monica's fundraiser, but for obvious reasons, Hubert will also use it. You can read more about Hubert: https://choose2help.org/hubert.html We are very happy and would like to thank all the Donors for their great support. The car is already in the place where the children live, and today they set off on their first journey in this car, to Krakow.
30-07-2021 - Recently, there was a photo and today - we would like to show you a movie in which Monika uses the stairclimber :).
26-07-2021 - We have given Monica the equipment that will make it easier for her to climb the stairs - a stair climber with a trolley. Such equipment will also be a great help for the teenager’s guardians - so far they had to pull Monika up and down the stairs on a wheelchair.
08-07-2021 - We have provided Monica with rehabilitation equipment, two balls of different sizes and uses, as well as a separator pillow. We have also covered tuition fee for her music school for two months: May and June.
18-06-2021 - We supported Monica in covering the cost of fuel for her commuting in May to exercise therapy and therapy using the Krakow method.
17-06-2021 - Monica celebrated her seventeenth birthday on May 25th! A few days after the celebration, we decided to visited said nice teenager. There was a lot of laughter, joy and gifts, including a laptop and a printer, as well as perfumes, music CDs, jewelry, and a beautiful dress :). Happy birthday Monica! We wish you all the best!!!