Please read the entire description carefully. Monika was born in 2004 as a premature child, in the 28th week of pregnancy. She has a twin sister whom she grew up with for almost 2.5 years of her life. She was that old when she was badly beaten by her parents. As a result, the unconscious child was taken to the hospital with severe craniocerebral trauma, brain edema, hematomas, ischemic stroke of the right hemisphere, as well as numerous bruises on the head, chest, abdomen, and legs. The injuries she suffered changed her life forever. She was diagnosed with spastic quadriparesis, mainly on the left side. Since 2013, he has been treated for epilepsy and has been using a wheelchair. She will be 17 in May 2021. Despite the traumatic experiences, she is a beautiful and cheerful teenager. After various stays in foster care units (family emergency, foster family), she was finally transferred to the Children's Treatment Institution, where she spent 9 years. Starting from November 2020, she has been a part of a wonderful family, including Monika, Zdzislaw, and Hubert, who is also our Charge. Monika and Zdzisław are foster parents and legal guardians of Monika.
Donate once or regularly:
Monika is full of positive energy. She loves singing and dancing. She found it really easy to become the older sister of Hubert. She has been learning singing and vocal interpretation at the Music Center. Currently, she is in the eighth grade of the Special School and Educational Center in Krosno. She also attends therapy based on the Cracow method, which helps her develop intellectually. Since 2011, she has undergone several treatments oriented towards improving the functioning of her locomotor system. According to the opinion of a physiotherapist issued in November 2020, she has stabilized her level of motor skills. Nevertheless, she still requires regular rehabilitation for her physical dysfunctions to not worsen. It is the aspect we would like to help her with to the greatest extent. Monika's biological parents were sentenced to a prison sentence as a result of a court trial that took place in 2008.
Needs we collect for:
- Providing support in purchasing rehabilitation equipment for Monika, such as an orthosis and a standing frame.
- Providing support in paying for the neurologopedic therapy and physical rehabilitation for Monika.
- Providing support in paying for Monika's rehabilitation stays.
- Medical care for Monika (appointments with specialists, treatments, and tests) along with covering commutation costs.
- Providing support in financing Monika's rehabilitation basing on the Cracow Method. She attends rehabilitation sessions once a week and 1 hour of professional supervision costs PLN 100.
- Providing support in developing Monika's passion, e.g. financing singing lessons.
Donate once or regularly:
Or you can make a direct bank transfer "For Monika"
Skrytka pocztowa 2108
90-959 Łódź 2
SORT CODE: 11402004
Account number depending on currency:
PLN: PL35 1140 2004 0000 3002 7709 9827
USD: PL39 1140 2004 0000 3612 1128 1047
GBP: PL92 1140 2004 0000 3812 1128 1062
Euro: PL63 1140 2004 0000 3112 1128 1054
Before making the donation, please familiarize yourself with our terms.
The Foundation is in possession of proper documentation and has verified the needs of the Charge.