Due to his health condition, Michael could not contact us by himself. His mother, Catherine, did it for him. Michael does not walk or speak - he does not communicate by using words, does not see and is completely dependent on others. What is even more he is catheterized and suffers from pains caused by bladder stones. He has a certificate confirming his severe disability. Suffering is an inseparable part of Michael's life. We truly hope that thanks to our joint efforts, Michael's struggle with his disease will become at least a bit more bearable.
Michael is 23 and will never be able to lead an independent life. He has been suffering from quadriplegic cerebral palsy since birth. What is even more, he has to deal with epilepsy and is blind (due to optic nerve atrophy). Each disease requires a professional treatment. When it comes to Michael he requires a constant, regular rehabilitation, and pharmacological therapy. Catherine needs our support to be able to provide her son with everything that is necessary for him to survive.
Donate once or regularly:
Being a mother is always a challenge. It is difficult to even imagine the amount of work and commitment required to take a proper care of a disabled child slowly becoming an adult. Catherine knows very well how much effort and resources are needed in such a scenario. The deformation of Michael's spine and chest makes the use of orthopedic accessories necessary. Further costs are generated by medications that Catherine's son has to take continuously. What is more, there are also pharmacological and hygienic measures to be accounted for, including, for example: urostomy rinsing fluids, syringes, lotions, and many other items. Michael can drink milk and eat flavored porridges – identical ones that are given to small children. Foodstuffs are yet another expense that has to be undertaken. Providing at least a minimum quality of life for a person struggling with such a poor health condition is really important and Catherine - just like every mother - wants the best for her child. 24-hour care over a disabled person is a huge physical and mental burden for her, but we know that good hearts can give Catherine and Michael a chance for a better and easier tomorrow. Thanks to you, our Charges are never left alone in difficult times!
Needs we collect funds for:
- Michael’s rehabilitation. One hour of rehabilitation costs PLN 200. - Started on 30/01/2021 and will be carried out regularly 3 times a week, 1 hour each.
- CPM splint therapy recommended by the rehabilitator. Recommended due to the condition of Michael's legs (contractures, deformations, spasticity). - Started on February 8th, 2021 and based on the use of a rail rented by the Foundation.
- Rehabilitation equipment specified by the physiotherapist: wedges, fittings and half-foam rolls for legs and torso. - Provided.
- Medical and hygienic measures: urostomy irrigation fluid, catheter cleaning fluid, hygienic pads, diapers, syringes, needles, disinfecting fluid, and anesthetic gel. - We meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- Providing support in terms of purchase of accessories necessary for Michael's proper nutrition, namely: electric bottle heater with sterilization function, anti-colic bottle, and a mug with a silicone mouthpiece. - Provided.
- Purchase of both generally available and prescription-based medications for Michael. - We meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- Providing support in terms of purchasing the equipment needed for health control: wrist-attached blood pressure monitor and finger pulse oximeter.
- Portable first aid kit. - Provided.
- Purchase of household chemicals, cleaning products, and cosmetics for the entire family, especially for Michael, such as wet wipes. - We meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- Purchase of food for the whole family. For Michael- food typically served to young children, like: flavored porridges and Bebiko 5 Junior milk. - We meet these Michael's needs on an ongoing basis.
- Purchase of items of clothing for the entire family. For Michael - mainly T-shirts and pajamas. Michael wears sizes 158/164. Kasia’s size is L /44.
- Providing support with regard to paying bills: rent, electricity, gas supply.
- Stationery and decorative items for Michael. At home, Michael is educated under the supervision of a teacher. They perform various manual tasks together. - We meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- Overall improvement of Michael's living, intellectual, and entertainment-related conditions - it has been achieved by purchasing, for example, a small TV set for our Charge’s room. We want to increase the comfort and attractiveness of Michael's life.
- Printer - said equipment is needed primarily for printing Michael's medical records.
- Help in fulfilling Catherine's dream about having her or her husband Wojtek's driving license.
- Sewing machine and materials for Catherine. Sewing is Catherine's hobby and a way of unwinding. Above all else, it gives her the opportunity of modifying and repairing clothing items, as well as bedding.
- Replacement of old household appliances, especially the gas stove with an oven, and the supply of new ones, such as an under-cupboard hood. - Realized.
- Towels, bed linen, pillowcases.
Donate once or regularly:
Or you can make a direct bank transfer "For Michael"
Skrytka pocztowa 2108
90-959 Łódź 2
SORT CODE: 11402004
Account number depending on currency:
PLN: PL35 1140 2004 0000 3002 7709 9827
USD: PL39 1140 2004 0000 3612 1128 1047
GBP: PL92 1140 2004 0000 3812 1128 1062
Euro: PL63 1140 2004 0000 3112 1128 1054
Before making the donation, please familiarize yourself with our terms.
The Foundation is in possession of proper documentation and has verified the needs of the Charge.
09-04-2021 - Before Easter, we sent a package to Michael - it was a rehabilitation mattress. March was the second month of us fully covering the costs of home rehabilitation of Michael and the costs of renting a CPM rail for the entire month.
02-04-2021 - Shopping, shopping :). Prescription and non-prescription medications, hygiene and medical articles, including: pads, diaper pants, urostomy rinse, catheters and delicious lunch dishes and desserts. Everything for Michael :).
25-03-2021 - Today Michael during his rehabilitation :).
18-03-2021 - We are very proud of works created by Michael under the watchful eye of his teacher - Iwona. They are full of joy and are connected with the themes of spring and Easter. As we all know, Easter is just around the corner :).
17-03-2021 - Michael's health is our priority. We have provided him once again with a catheter irrigation fluid. The mother - Catherine who has been caring for Michael, has received syringes and disposable gloves. Michał has also been given a well-equipped first-aid kit, which will certainly be useful not only at home, but also - during trips to the doctor, while traveling, or during walks.
12-03-2021 - It has been a long time since there was a movie about Michael's rehabilitation, and he constantly and bravely exercises three times a week :).
11-03-2021 - We provided the first batch of plastic and decorative accessories to Michael.
10-03-2021 - Michael keeps going on and making progress in terms of rehabilitation. He exercises regularly and with a great commitment :).
09-03-2021 -We have provided Michael's family with groceries and chemicals for everyday use.
01-03-2021 - Today, we would like to show you yet another video from Michael's rehabilitation taking place at the end of February.
16-02-2021 - Other items recommended for the proper rehabilitation of Michael are wedges, fittings, as well as foam half-rounds to be used to take care of the legs and torso of the patient. We have provided Michael with them and he knows what to do with them :)
15-02-2021 - Last week, Michael continued his rehabilitation. During his sessions, he started exercising with a CPM rail. The Foundation decided to rent said rail from and basing on the recommendation of a physiotherapist, especially due to significant mobility limitation of the hip and knee joints of the patient. Michael's mother has been trained in that regard and knows how to use said equipment properly. Thanks to said fact, Michael can exercise not only in the presence of a physiotherapist. It is a remarkable advantage :).
11-02-2021 - The most important thing for us is to take care of Michael's health, but we also do not neglect his other needs. Our reliable Donors help us provide the required support. This time, we would like to thank one of our Donors, Ewa for the package with clothes presented in the photo and addressed to Michael and his mother, Catherine :). Thank you very much!
01-02-2021 - Michael finished the last week and started the current one in a very intensive manner, namely - by focusing on rehabilitation. From now on, he will exercise regularly, for one hour, three times a week. He is very brave and we are very proud of him. Congratulations, Michael! :)
29-01-2021 - Another shopping session :). Medical goods, food and everyday accessories for Michał, such as: an electric heater with a sterilization function, an anti-colic bottle, and a cup with a silicone mouthpiece.
27-01-2021 - We have some good news for you !!! This Saturday, on January 29th, 2021, Michael will start his rehabilitation :). As part of agreement concluded with the rehabilitator, Mark, we have decided that the Foundation will cover the costs of rehabilitation for the next few months. We are waiting for Saturday, when we will determine the best amount of hours of rehabilitation per week for Michael.
25-01-2021 - Brave Michael requires many medical and hygienic goods to survive in at least bearable conditions. For the first, but certainly not for the last time - we have provided Michael with a catheter cleaning fluid, urostomy rinsing fluid, diapers, pads, syringes, needles, as well as with an anesthetic gel.
12-01-2021 - We are very happy that we have been able to meet one of many needs of the family so quickly. We have started with equipping the kitchen. We have provided the family with a free-standing Amica gas stove with an electric oven, as well as with an under-cabinet hood. What is more, we have also taken care of installing the new stove and taking the old one out.
30-12-2020 - Michael and his family wish us all for the upcoming New Year :) : "May the world be full of warmth, joy and friends for you in the New Year. And let your home never run out of love and understanding."
21-12-2020 - The most beautiful Christmas card in the world was made by Michael. We are very touched and very grateful! Michael, thank you very much, you are great :).