Please read the entire description carefully. Maciek was born prematurely, during 25th weeks of pregnancy and with numerous complications. He will be 5 in May this year (2021). It is hard to believe that such a small body has had to endure so much. In the fourth day of his life, the boy suffered from a severe head hemorrhage, which resulted in hemorrhagic hydrocephalus. He struggled with sepsis many times. What is more, he has been diagnosed with biliary atresia, which, without constant medication, may cause cirrhosis of the liver and the need for organ transplant. Maciek has had his gallbladder excised. He has suffered from necrotic enteritis, so it was necessary to make a stoma. He additionally suffers from cerebral palsy - spastic quadriparesis.
Donate once or regularly:
Maciek does not see with his right eye - he wears an epiprosthesis. What is more, he has nystagmus in his left eye. The epiprosthesis utilized prevents the eye socket from collapsing, protects the eye socket and prevents it from shrinking. His mother, Gabriela, puts the prosthesis in. The boy suffers from a congenital right hip dislocation and deformities of both the knee and the foot. In June 2020, he underwent hip reconstruction surgery. He was wearing a cast for six weeks. He now wears braces on both legs.
Donate once or regularly:
It is so much suffering for one child who also has to visit specialists every month and participate in many hours of rehabilitation classes. What does Maciuś need? First of all, he needs strong parents who can handle the boy's needs emotionally and financially. That is why it is worth supporting Maciek on his way to recovery.
Needs we collect funds for:
- Providing support in paying for therapeutic classes in Rzeszów. The Cracow Method is a neurobiological therapy that stimulates all cognitive functions of a child. Maciek undergoes it once a week on Tuesday, away from his place of residence - he has to travel about 40 km one way.
- Providing support in paying for the therapy based on the Castillo Morales Method and focusing on positively influencing those parts of the body that take an active part in eating and speaking, as well as normalizing their disturbed muscle tension. The effect of the therapy is the improvement of the physiological functions of the patient and the prevention of speech impediments. Currently, Maciek takes advantage of services provided by a specialist from Krosno. He has to travel 30 km one way to reach him.
- Help in paying for rehabilitation in an integrated kindergarten.
- Providing support in paying for Maciek’s rehabilitation stays. Rehabilitation camps provide participants with comprehensive care throughout the stay and ensure the execution of all the vital undertakings in one place
- Providing support in paying for Maciek's kindergarten, including meals. Starting from 1st September 2021, Maciek will start attending to a slightly different kindergarten than before. He will change the kindergarten from a therapeutic to an integrative one. - We meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- Medical care for Maciek (appointments with experts, treatments and tests). - We meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- Purchase of both general and prescription-based medications.
- Providing support in paying for the purchase and replacement of the eye epiprosthesis.
- If Maciek's health condition requires it, we would also like to help him by purchasing the following: a standing frame, a professional wheelchair, a walker-balcony, and a corset.
- Rehabilitation tricycle. - Not applicable - Gabrysia managed to obtain the bike on her own.
- Summer orthopedic shoes. Size: 25. - Provided.
- Clothes for Maciek. Mainly tailored pants. Sizes: pants 104-110, preferably with an elastic band, sweatshirts and T-shirts size 110.
- Handles for the bathroom facilitating its use. Adaptation of the toilet to the needs of a disabled child.
- Providing support in taking care of the family car to maintain it in a good working condition. Fuel and some repair costs.
- Teaching aids for Maciek.
- Household chemicals, cleaning products for the whole family, and cosmetics, especially the ones for Maciek: wet wipes, Nivea bath cosmetics for children, and many others. - We meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- Food for the whole family, including long-term food for Maciek, such as nutrudrinks. - The initial food products (nutridrinks) handed over to Maciek in May 2021. - We meet these needs on an ongoing basis.
- Gas cooker pots. Gabriela cooks a lot, especially for Maciek, because the boy has a specific diet and suffers from some digestive problems. He had 15 cm of intestine cut out.
- Ceiling or standing clothes dryer.
- A new bed with a mattress for Maciek. The bed he has at the moment is adapted to his needs - it is lowered and has a railing. Thanks to said fact, Maciek can get on and off it by himself, but the bed will not withstand the consecutive modifications. It may break. The mattress, on the other hand, has been soaked many times and is both stained and damaged.
- Double stroller, for example for twins. Such a stroller is needed because Maciek has a younger sister, Kornelia. A stroller in which both children could travel at the same time is necessary for Gabrysia to leave the house on her own with two children at the same time.
- Air humidifier. Dry air in the apartment has a bad effect on Maciek's sleep quality.
- Help in repairing or buying a laptop with a specialized speech-based learning program for Maciek. - Not applicable - Gabrysia managed to obtain the laptop on her own.
- Help in purchasing children's headphones for Maciek.
Donate once or regularly:
Or you can make a direct bank transfer "For Maciek"
Skrytka pocztowa 2108
90-959 Łódź 2
SORT CODE: 11402004
Account number depending on currency:
PLN: PL35 1140 2004 0000 3002 7709 9827
USD: PL39 1140 2004 0000 3612 1128 1047
GBP: PL92 1140 2004 0000 3812 1128 1062
Euro: PL63 1140 2004 0000 3112 1128 1054
Before making the donation, please familiarize yourself with our terms.
The Foundation is in possession of proper documentation and has verified the needs of the Charge.
23-07-2021 - Last week, the car that the mother of Maciek, Gabrysia, had been driving broke down. We helped her cover some of the repair and fluel costs.
19-07-2021 - Two and a half months have passed since Maciek started walking on his own. Now, he is doing really great! In addition to walking, he also learns to count to ten. Maciek's mother - Gabrysia, while sending us the video clips, wrote that she knew that it was not perfect counting, but it was still a great progress and the result of the work of many people, including Maciek, speech therapist, general therapist, and Gabrysia who had been travelling with Maciek to distant locations for him to receive treatment.
15-07-2021 - We support Maciek in his development by covering the costs of his for speech therapy in June, and therapy using the Krakow method, as well as of the kindergarten fees for July and of meals for June.
01-07-2021 - We have covered the cost of Maciek's appointment to a pediatric surgeon, as well as the tuition fee for the kindergarten for June and meals in the kindergarten for May.
23-06-2021 - We have covered the cost of the ophthalmological consultation regarding a new eye epiprosthesis for Maciek, the tuition fees for the kindergarten for May and kindergarten food fee for April.
22-06-2021 - We have provided Maciek with yet another portion of Nutrikids nutritional drinks, and his mother - with chemical articles for everyday use.
27-05-2021 - We have fulfilled Maciek's initial minor needs. We have given him orthopedic sandals and a supply of nutritional drinks for children. :)
29-04-2021 - We are impressed with Maciek's first independent steps!