Please read the entire description carefully. Maciek was born prematurely, during 25th weeks of pregnancy and with numerous complications. He will be 5 in May this year (2021). It is hard to believe that such a small body has had to endure so much. In the fourth day of his life, the boy suffered from a severe head hemorrhage, which resulted in hemorrhagic hydrocephalus. He struggled with sepsis many times. What is more, he has been diagnosed with biliary atresia, which, without constant medication, may cause cirrhosis of the liver and the need for organ transplant. Maciek has had his gallbladder excised. He has suffered from necrotic enteritis, so it was necessary to make a stoma. He additionally suffers from cerebral palsy - spastic quadriparesis.
Donate once or regularly:
Maciek does not see with his right eye - he wears an epiprosthesis. What is more, he has nystagmus in his left eye. The epiprosthesis utilized prevents the eye socket from collapsing, protects the eye socket and prevents it from shrinking. His mother, Gabriela, puts the prosthesis in. The boy suffers from a congenital right hip dislocation and deformities of both the knee and the foot. In June 2020, he underwent hip reconstruction surgery. He was wearing a cast for six weeks. He now wears braces on both legs.
Donate once or regularly:
It is so much suffering for one child who also has to visit specialists every month and participate in many hours of rehabilitation classes. What does Maciuś need? First of all, he needs strong parents who can handle the boy's needs emotionally and financially. That is why it is worth supporting Maciek on his way to recovery.
Needs we collect funds for:
- Providing support in paying for therapeutic classes in Rzeszów. The Cracow Method is a neurobiological therapy that stimulates all cognitive functions of a child. Maciek undergoes it once a week on Tuesday, away from his place of residence - he has to travel about 40 km one way.
- Providing support in paying for the therapy based on the Castillo Morales Method and focusing on positively influencing those parts of the body that take an active part in eating and speaking, as well as normalizing their disturbed muscle tension. The effect of the therapy is the improvement of the physiological functions of the patient and the prevention of speech impediments. Currently, Maciek takes advantage of services provided by a specialist from Krosno. He has to travel 30 km one way to reach him.
- Providing support in paying for Maciek’s rehabilitation stays. Rehabilitation camps provide participants with comprehensive care throughout the stay and ensure the execution of all the vital undertakings in one place
- Providing support in paying for Maciek's kindergarten, including meals.
- Medical care for Maciek (appointments with experts, treatments and tests) along with the travel costs.
- Purchase of both general and prescription-based medications.
- Providing support in paying for the purchase and replacement of the eye epiprosthesis.
- If Maciek's health condition requires it, we would also like to help him by purchasing the following: a standing frame, a professional wheelchair, a walker-balcony, and a corset.
- Rehabilitation tricycle.
- Summer orthopedic shoes. Size: 25.
- Clothes for Maciek. Mainly tailored pants. Sizes: pants 104-110, preferably with an elastic band, sweatshirts and T-shirts size 110.
- Handles for the bathroom facilitating its use. Adaptation of the toilet to the needs of a disabled child.
- Providing support in taking care of the family car to maintain it in a good working condition. Fuel and some repair costs.
- Teaching aids for Maciek.
- Household chemicals, cleaning products for the whole family, and cosmetics, especially the ones for Maciek: wet wipes, Nivea bath cosmetics for children, and many others.
- Food for the whole family, including long-term food for Maciek, such as nutrudrinks .
- Gas cooker pots. Gabriela cooks a lot, especially for Maciek, because the boy has a specific diet and suffers from some digestive problems. He had 15 cm of intestine cut out.
- Ceiling or standing clothes dryer.
- Mattress for Maciek's bed. The current one has been soaked several times, there are stains, etc. A mattress is needed for a bed that is a little larger than the standard children's bed. It has been adapted to the needs of Maciek - it has been lowered and a railing has been added. Thanks to that, Maciek can reach it and leave it by himself.
- Help in repairing or buying a laptop with a specialized speech-based learning program for Maciek.
- Help in purchasing children's headphones for Maciek.
Donate once or regularly:
Or you can make a direct bank transfer "For Maciek"
Skrytka pocztowa 2108
90-959 Łódź 2
SORT CODE: 11402004
Account number depending on currency:
PLN: PL35 1140 2004 0000 3002 7709 9827
USD: PL39 1140 2004 0000 3612 1128 1047
GBP: PL92 1140 2004 0000 3812 1128 1062
Euro: PL63 1140 2004 0000 3112 1128 1054
Before making the donation, please familiarize yourself with our terms.
The Foundation is in possession of proper documentation and has verified the needs of the Charge.
29-04-2021 - We are impressed with Maciek's first independent steps!